Welcome to the 2021 edition of Wiltshire Life. It is time to look forward with the prospect of a vaccine to immunise against the Covid-19 virus, bringing the opportunity to see family and friends once again. In the January issue we look at the towns across the county that are well worth re-discovering, with plenty of independent shops and interesting places to visit. So, as the new year begins, why not take those first steps out and about to reconnect with all the wonderful things we have here in the county and support our local producers and businesses at the same time.
Inside this issue:
• find out how a village pub influenced television presenter James May, in his move to the south of the county
• international furniture designer Luke Hughes creates furniture on a grand scale
• in part one, of a two part series, we discover why a coaching route across the county was popular with the fashionable
• in lockdown, artist Richard Hoare rediscovers the beauty of the landscape on his doorstep
• Woolley & Wallis reveal some of the recent lots that have gone through their salesroom
• we also start the new year with a month by month series full of hints and tips for successful season on the allotment.