We would like to hear from anyone who would like to contribute to the magazine.
Guidelines for writers and photographers
If you would like to submit an article to Wiltshire Life, here are a few pointers to consider:
- The average article length in Wiltshire Life is 1,200 words.
- The article must contain mainly Wiltshire content. It is a local magazine for local people about local topics.
- Both historical and more topical articles are accepted.
- The magazine is published one month ahead. For example, The September issue is published in August. The magazine is published on the first Thursday of every month. If you are writing about something topical, please make sure you approach us in good time so that the event can be covered in the relevant issue.
- Occasionally, Wiltshire Life will consider articles on a Second British Serial Rights basis, especially on the subjects of homes.
- Once accepted, the content of the article will belong to Wiltshire Life.
If you would like to submit photographs to Wiltshire Life, here are a few pointers to consider:
- Digital files should be 300 dpi.
- Cover shots should measure slightly larger than A4. Shots of Wiltshire only are sought on subjects from wildlife to country scenes.
- Freelance photographers are welcome to apply to the editor to cover jobs for Wiltshire Scene (our social diary section), Village Life and features.
- Submitting photographs for our calendar: they should be 300 dpi and about A4-sized, landscape in orientation and mainly landscape (occasionally village/townscapes) in subject.
To discuss fees or for any other editorial enquiries, please contact:
Wiltshire Life Magazine
Tel: +44 (0)1722 717030
Fax: +44 (0)1722 716926
Email: Claire Waring